• You are not logged in.

#1 April 13, 2020 23:02:40

nezboid
Profile   Send e-mail  

Mac: cannot hear output

Hi,
Using a Mac with Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen.
I cannot hear the jam in my headphones.
I have set the output in Jammr to the Scarlett (the input is also set to Scarlett).
Other people can hear me but I can’t them.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

#2 April 14, 2020 18:01:40

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can you hear the metronome click when you enable the Metronome button in the bottom-right corner of the jammr window?

Do you hear audio from the Scarlett interface when you close jammr and open a YouTube video or listen to a song in an audio player?

#3 April 15, 2020 07:29:34

nezboid
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi,
Yes, I can hear audio from other applications on the laptop.
It’s just Jammr where there is no audio output.
People can hear me, so the input is working.

#4 April 16, 2020 18:00:59

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks, nezbold. Please confirm if you hear the metronome click when you join a jam session and enable the Metronome button in the bottom-right corner of the jammr window?

Please go to Help | Show log and copy-paste the technical information that gets displayed onto this forum so I can take a look at the audio configuration and any errors that have been logged.

Thanks!

#5 April 17, 2020 03:18:03

lilvicky
Profile   Send e-mail  

stefanha,
I am having the same issue as nezboid and am using the same Scarlett interface. But to add to the problem no one in a jam room can hear me. I have no sounds coming to my headphones from my interface from the jammr app. except the guitar that I have plugged into it. I do have sounds from anything else that comes from my computer. I am using a mac v.10.15.3
Any ideas?

#6 April 17, 2020 16:36:43

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

lilvicky
But to add to the problem no one in a jam room can hear me.

Have you selected the Scarlett interface as the sound input device in jammr's sound settings (the jammr | Preferences menu item at the top of the screen)? Sound settings cannot be changed while connected to a jam sessions, please go to File | Disconnect first.

Is the Send button enabled in the bottom-right corner of the jammr window? The Send button controls whether other people can hear you.

lilvicky
I have no sounds coming to my headphones from my interface from the jammr app. except the guitar that I have plugged into it.

Do you hear the metronome click when you join a jam session and enable the Metronome button in the bottom-right corner of the jammr window? If yes, then audio output is working.

Once audio output is working you can check if audio input is working. First, turn off Direct Monitoring on your Focusrite interface. Turn on “Play back my audio” in jammr | Preferences. Connect to a jam session and you will your yourself if audio input is working.

If you get stuck, please go to Help | Show log and copy-paste the technical information that gets displayed onto the forum so I can review it. Thanks!

#7 April 17, 2020 17:13:32

lilvicky
Profile   Send e-mail  

Perfect, Thank you. It all works now!!!

Nezboid, I'm sure you have the same problem I had. All good now.

Thanks for the help.

Board footer

Moderator control