andhai
Profile   Send e-mail  

new user

Let us know how it is working for you!

#3 April 18, 2020 21:06:06

Konabob
Profile   Send e-mail  

new user

Well…. here in Hawaii, all gigs are locked down. Probably same where you are.

I have been playing Hawaiian Lapsteel and Bass for 15 years or so.
Doubt that there are many here who enjoy Hawaiian, but I though I would put myself out here, just in case I am wrong.

I live in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. Love haha haole music and also swing from the 40's and 50's.

Would love to find a good guitarist to accompany.
Example of my style.

#4 April 19, 2020 01:39:34

Gomper
Profile   Send e-mail  

new user

How does this work? Im new here. I play drums I have a small electric roland kit. Mbox/ezdrummer/pro tools express. Not sure how to hook up with other guitar and bass. Im better at blusey classic rock, new wave stuff.

#5 April 19, 2020 10:48:19

julian_vickers
Profile   Send e-mail  

new user

Hey guys, and welcome!
There are a couple of good posts to get you started here.
Check out this post from stefanha talking about how to get rolling in a session, and if you want to dig a little farther down, here's a good post from D4ni3l detailing some of the finer points.

Look forward to seeing you.

-J
Chaotic Good

#6 June 9, 2020 01:29:48

Hardy
Profile   Send e-mail  

new user

Konabob
Well…. here in Hawaii, all gigs are locked down. Probably same where you are.I have been playing Hawaiian Lapsteel and Bass for 15 years or so. Doubt that there are many here who enjoy Hawaiian, but I though I would put myself out here, just in case I am wrong. I live in Kona on the Big Island of Hawaii. Love haha haole music and also swing from the 40's and 50's.Would love to find a good guitarist to accompany.Example of my style.
Hi Konabob,

I'd love to play with you!

Been in Hawaii twice in Maui and Kauai, enjoyed a lot the ukulele jazzy chords, amazing what you can do with 4 strings. Playing fretless, bass, guitar, a bit of keys just to be able to hit some compositions and even write film score nowadays.
Check out my Forum Messages and Recordings, I had so much fun here the last couple of months. Maybe next time I have a vacation we'll play live, until then let's meet here in those free rooms, look for my name. Hours not much different, but weather - a ton!
Aloha from Alberta, Canada,
Hardy Braun

Hardy Braun
Talent is only the beginning!

https://www.reverbnation.com/hardybraun

#7 June 19, 2020 11:54:44

christopherstevens
Profile   Send e-mail  

new user

Deleted

#8 June 19, 2020 15:14:40

IsidoroL3
Profile   Send e-mail  

new user

Hey there!
I'm new in here looking forward to jamm. Greetings!

#9 July 3, 2020 17:44:21

Hardy
Profile   Send e-mail  

new user

Gomper
How does this work? Im new here. I play drums I have a small electric roland kit. Mbox/ezdrummer/pro tools express. Not sure how to hook up with other guitar and bass. Im better at blusey classic rock, new wave stuff.

Hi,

I see you posted this a while ago, but I will answer, maybe you find it useful even now.
I solved all my multi-instrumental connections using a mixer that has a USB output, that goes into my laptop.
This way I can play my fretless bass, another fretted bass, electric guitar and even 2 keyboards, all connected to the mixer.
Laptop output is set to the analog out and goes to another small mixer where I can balance between Jammr output and my own instrument monitoring - that solved not feedback issues that may occur when you have input and output directed to same gear., but also allowed me to have better balance for my jam recordings, done on my own recorder.
If you don't have a USB mixer you need to use an interface which does the Analog to Digital conversion and routes your output to headphones or monitor. In this case you need to switch between connectors when want to plug in a different instrument (presuming you don't play two simultaneously).
Another way to hook things would be to use a guitar amp that has USB out or a guitar/bass effect with USB out straight to laptop. If the amp or the effect has Line In input you may hook your drums there, solving your issues without a mixer.
You may also feed Jammr from software that has MIDI/VST sounds straight from within the computer accessing MIDI Settings.

I hope this helps, looking forward to jamming with you,

Hardy Braun
Talent is only the beginning!

https://www.reverbnation.com/hardybraun

Board footer

Moderator control