jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 29, 2020 21:26:05

shredcini
Profile   Send e-mail  

Using Logic Pro 10 w/Jammr

Hi all,

I've heard individuals use their DAW software with Jammr and it had something to do with setting their sound-card output into their input, then directly into Jammr. However, I'm not sure how I can do that on my computer. I own a MacBook Pro Core i7 (2015) currently running Mojave vs 10.14.6. Although I can properly set my sound to work with my FocusRite Scarlett 2i2 audio interface, I don't seem to be able to do the aforementioned setup provided by another user. Ideally, I'd want to have my software instruments and audio-in instruments work live, but also have the playback work of anything I have pre-written/recorded. Could anyone help me with this matter?

Thanks!

#2 April 30, 2020 08:02:45

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Using Logic Pro 10 w/Jammr

Hi shredcini,
There are a few ways to use other applications together with jammr:

1. You can use virtual audio cable software like BlackHole (https://github.com/ExistentialAudio/BlackHole). It creates a virtual audio device that you set as the output device in your DAW and the input device in jammr. Now the sound from your DAW is sent to jammr.

Or

2. Some soundcards/mixers have multiple inputs or loopback inputs so you can feed the output of the DAW into the input of jammr. This is a hardware solution.

Or

3. If you have multiple devices like another computer or tablet then you can run your DAW there and connect an audio cable to the other computer that runs jammr.

I suggest trying #1 because it's a software solution and doesn't require buying any more hardware or cables .

Board footer

Moderator control