jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 30, 2020 19:18:21

Hutch
Profile   Send e-mail  

Intermediate guitarist, inexperienced playing with others

Hi Everyone. I really love playing guitar, though I would say I am an intermediate player at best and to date have played largely without the very important benefit of playing with other musicians. I spend hours playing/practicing on my own and I am really looking forward to some opportunities to jam with (and learn from!) others. I'd hate to be the weak link dragging down a good jam, but please hit me up if you're also new to playing with others and would like to try (or if you are an extraordinarily patient and generous musician that would enjoy helping me out).
Thanks!

My current (and growing) collection of fun toys: My brand new 2020 Fender American Ultra HSS Strat. 2019 Fender Mod Shop Custom Strat, 1993 Ibanez RV470, BC Rich Mockingbird (early 80s?), Taylor 314ce, Taylor GS Mini, Martin DCM, Fender '57 Custom Deluxe, Fender Princeton 112, MXR Carbon Copy Deluxe, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Fulltone OCD, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 into an iMacPro. I have the gear, just need the skills!

Edited Hutch (May 1, 2020 13:22:10)

#2 May 1, 2020 06:17:07

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Welcome Hutch! Don't worry and remember: if you play a note that sounds wrong, you're just a half-note out of the scale. Or do it like Jimi Hendrix and hit that note a few more times until it sounds good . These tricks help boost my confidence when improvising.

#3 May 1, 2020 13:24:46

Hutch
Profile   Send e-mail  

stefanha
Welcome Hutch! Don't worry and remember: if you play a note that sounds wrong, you're just a half-note out of the scale. Or do it like Jimi Hendrix and hit that note a few more times until it sounds good . These tricks help boost my confidence when improvising.

Thanks very much! Can't wait to get started.

#4 May 9, 2020 20:47:54

EricJ
Profile   Send e-mail  

Intermediate guitarist - based in Northern Cal.

Grew up with blues based rock n roll. Telecaster, Ovation (not plug in).

Cheers,

Eric

Board footer

Moderator control