jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Technical support
  • » Can't hear anything I do come back. (H/W: Windows, Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 (firewire)) [RSS Feed]

#1 May 19, 2020 17:48:36

BullEarwig
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can't hear anything I do come back. (H/W: Windows, Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 (firewire))

My Presonus mixer is connected to studio monitors. PC connects to it with firewire.

I have my guitar amp's speakers off with its direct out connected to mixer. I am able to hear my guitar on the monitors.

I am able to connect to a jam, hear the metronome and others playing. I have never heard anything I play come back on the next interval.

I figure my difficulties are PEBCAK. I forgot lots about the mixer so I made my self RTFM, and now understand that the “send out on firewire” button may be significant. When I enable this for my guitar's channel, I hear nothing. I am patient and listen for anything from me on the next interval (with Send button is ON), but continue to get nothing.

What am I missing? I have tried every audio driver available in the Settings droplist. I have made sure Windows and relevant drivers are up to date.

I have tried similar products like Jamkazam. No results with them either.

I read Stefan's troubleshooting guidelines, thanks for that. I guess I will keep reading.

#2 May 20, 2020 08:18:43

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Can't hear anything I do come back. (H/W: Windows, Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 (firewire))

BullEarwig
I am able to connect to a jam, hear the metronome and others playing. I have never heard anything I play come back on the next interval.

You won't hear yourself in the next interval. Everyone plays live and hears their own audio as they are playing. It's only the other people that you hear the last interval from. So what you've observed sounds normal.

BullEarwig
I forgot lots about the mixer so I made my self RTFM, and now understand that the “send out on firewire” button may be significant. When I enable this for my guitar's channel, I hear nothing.

Please enable “Play back my audio” in jammr's sound settings. This enables “software monitoring” so you'll hear yourself live as you are playing.

When “Play back my audio” is enabled make sure to disable any hardware (direct) monitoring from the mixer or soundcard. Otherwise you'll hear two slightly delayed copies of your audio and it will sound strange .

If you hear yourself with “Play back my audio” enabled then jammr is able to record you. If not, then you can double-check by recording yourself with another program like Audacity (https://www.audacityteam.org/download/).

• Root
  • » Technical support
  • » Can't hear anything I do come back. (H/W: Windows, Presonus StudioLive 16.0.2 (firewire))[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control