jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Dec. 17, 2020 15:28:45

marracun
Profile   Send e-mail  

host recording individual ogg file has all players on it

hi there, we had a private jam last week which i hosted. the 2 other players files are fine but my individual file (I was host) includes all 3 players (as well as some heavy crackling…)

i was playing into a mac airbook with a USB instrument

any tips on what i should turn off or adjust to avoid this?

many thanks in advance

#2 Dec. 20, 2020 15:00:13

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi marracun,
Please post the recorded jam link. I will take a look to see if I can spot anything.

Did the other users hear you okay without any echo during the jam? What you described can happen if your audio device or software audio routing is looping back the audio. However, the others would have heard this during the jam session.

#3 Dec. 23, 2020 13:07:38

marracun
Profile   Send e-mail  

thx for checking Stefan. I am pretty sure it was indeed a looping problem caused by me. It was the first time I had tried Jammr using Loopback (RogueAmoeba) with a Logic electric piano played by external midi. I had a lot of difficulty getting the macos and Loopback preferences set up so i could monitor and hear the others at the start and somewhow i must have ingeniously set up a loopback. The others had some trouble hearing me at times during the jam and also heard some crackle. Anyway after some more reading, messing around and testing we had another jam a couple of nights ago and that worked perfectly well for all 3 of us (using Logic and Loopback again at my end) so I think i better just write this one off to experience. If you want more info let me know. I think I will write to Rogue Amoeba though and suggest they add to their Q&A some instructions for using Jammr as it might help other users, i found it a bit of a struggle and hit and miss.

#4 Dec. 25, 2020 10:58:39

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear it is working now.

If you write up a guide on using Rogue Amoeba with jammr feel free to share it on this forum. It sounds useful for others who want to give this a try. Thanks!

Board footer

Moderator control