Search - User list
Full Version: "Email Jam"
Root » Discussion » "Email Jam"
1 2 3 4
talertim
Hi.

I found in another musician board a “posting game” as “jam”.

What does this mean?

At first we should choose a simple but good backing track. Then the first user takes the mp3 and play along the first 20-30 sec. to this backing track and save it as new one..then..the second user plays along the next 20-30 sec. and so on till the song is full with our emotions.

Here is a link were I found it (german)

And that was the result.

We should do also something like this?!

Tim
Calran
We definitely should try it! I do something similar when I'm alone playing in Jammr. I plug my phone through the aux input of my interface, and Jam with some backtracks, hoping that someone will join haha
stefanha
There are talented musicians in the community and you are welcome to do things like this in the jammr community.

I've seen videos where people around the world created a song together by sharing audio tracks and each person would add a track or play a solo segment.

It would be fun to share anything you come up with on jammr's Twitter, G+, Facebook so more people see it.
talertim
Fine.

Here are my suggestions for backing track.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yizhARKjE4U

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UrlMqHe2F4

stefanha
Go ahead and start the jam, talertim.

You can private message the next person with a link to your audio tracks. They then private message the next person until we reach the end.

I'm suggesting private messages on the forum so that the final result stays a surprise until it's ready.

I really like the idea that each person listens to the last person's solo and plays an interpretation based on their theme!
talertim
Alright. Then I will decide which kind of backing track and come back with track 😇
talertim
Update

Guys, I'm still recording - meanwhile i got many many tracks - but unfortunately no one is good enough for public until now, so please still be patient - I will continue

BTW: It is the Rock Backing Track in Am

Tim
stefanha
“Success is a journey, not a destination. The doing is often more important than the outcome.” Arthur Ashe

Take your time and enjoy building music recording skills. If you want to discuss software, tools, and techniques let us know.

There are a lot of YouTube videos on EQing, compression, etc. I've found them helpful for making recordings sound more professional.

Recording yourself can be brutal because tiny mistakes become apparent when you're listening and not playing at the same time. I've often felt great while playing and was surprised when the recording didn't sound as good as I remembered. It feels different when you are playing…

Good luck!
talertim
stefanha
I've often felt great while playing and was surprised when the recording didn't sound as good as I remembered. It feels different when you are playing…Good luck!

You said it! I'm often surprised about recordings from my playing, but so long i feel great while I'm playing it makes fun. That'll do me fine.

I will try my luck again and again.

BTW: I use Cubase with Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 and my guitar plugged into Line 6 POD.
talertim
Yep, I think got it. Who will join and will receive the tracks? Some volunteers?!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.