Search - User list
Full Version: Click Track Level Control
Root » Wishlist and suggestions » Click Track Level Control
Darko0089
This is awesome, a very nice thing to have would be a Level Control for the Click Track, so one can control it over the rest of the jammers

Regards!
stefanha
Darko0089
This is awesome, a very nice thing to have would be a Level Control for the Click Track, so one can control it over the rest of the jammers Regards!

Thanks for the suggestion
lucascairo
this is awesome, exactly, would be interesting to have a control track of each user, thus each user could control their own mix, thus time presets levels would save each instrument, making each user convenient mix its suitability
stefanha
lucascairo
this is awesome, exactly, would be interesting to have a control track of each user, thus each user could control their own mix, thus time presets levels would save each instrument, making each user convenient mix its suitability

This topic is sometimes debated.

My take is that track volume controls remove the incentive to balance levels correctly. What happens is that the recorded jams (which are captured automatically on the server) will have a bad mix and will not be listenable without post-production.

The plan is to add VU meters to make everyone aware of their volume levels but not to add per-track volume controls. That way each user sets a reasonable level, the recorded jams sound great, and you don't have to correct other users' volume levels.
Darko0089
Totally agree with that approach
Cri
Back to the click track level issue: maybe having a full volume controller is overkill, but I'd like it to be louder.
When there are more than a couple instruments playing in the jam and no drum machines, I sometimes had trouble in hearing the click. Well, IDK, this might be related to that particular jam session, which was my first one

Maybe we could have three fixed volume options for it: Off - Standard - Louder ?
stefanha
Volume levels are currently not normalized automatically, so it requires everyone to cooperate. I'd really like to implement something that automatically balances or at least reminds users of volume issues.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.