Search - User list
Full Version: user friendly system
Root » Wishlist and suggestions » user friendly system
adi
Thank you for the help. Even the software is clear enough, with the lack of musical and computer knowledge jamming remains a difficult task for me as an occasional of user of IT. And because I often download user friendly software I would like to ask the Jammr team to release a user manual for general use and if possible a remastered linux live cd distro dedicated to Jammr as a preinstalled software along with all Jack options. If all these already exists please let me know.
stefanha
adi
Thank you for the help. Even the software is clear enough, with the lack of musical and computer knowledge jamming remains a difficult task for me as an occasional of user of IT. And because I often download user friendly software I would like to ask the Jammr team to release a user manual for general use and if possible a remastered linux live cd distro dedicated to Jammr as a preinstalled software along with all Jack options. If all these already exists please let me know.

Hi adi,
Thanks for sharing your ideas:

Missing manual - yes, there is no manual. We need to fix that. I would like to set up a wiki so we can all contribute instructions and tips/tricks for jamming. I will announce the wiki when it is ready.

Live CD - this is a nice idea but difficult to support when there are issues with the software beyond jammr. I'm afraid the resources required to do a Live CD well are too great.

It can be challenging to get a good computer audio setup for beginners. The goal of jammr is to let all musicians, irrespective of computer music knowledge, jam together online. There is still a lot of work to do, so thanks for your feedback.

Stefan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.