jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Jan. 2, 2015 00:22:30

ivan.ivkovic
Profile   Send e-mail  

(ON - Website ) - Short User List + Live Jam Sessions

Basically for newcomers to see what kind of people are there in the jammr community. Maybe even to invite somebody for a jam over email or something like that?

Also I think it's very demanding to put a website widget that displays current jam sessions, for the users to see if anyone's jamming. Also for newcomers who haven't yet installed the software to see what's up at the moment.

I made a facebook group for jammers and I'll add my buddies there so feel free to join also:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/915306068494476/

It can be used for like “drummer wanted for jam in 10 mins” kind of posts.

I can make jammr staff admin.

Edited ivan.ivkovic (Jan. 2, 2015 00:36:28)

#2 Jan. 2, 2015 13:35:11

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

ivan.ivkovic
Basically for newcomers to see what kind of people are there in the jammr community. Maybe even to invite somebody for a jam over email or something like that?

Hi Ivan,
Thanks for your feedback, all good points.

The jammr.net homepage displays the number of users online (if there is anyone online). See the blog post to see a screenshot.

Although there are successful jam sessions every day, there are currently not enough people online around the clock. It could be discouraging to see “0 users online” so you will not see any text on the homepage if the servers are empty.

The good new is that the community keeps growing and soon we'll be able to always display people because there will be enough users to jam with!

Also on the roadmap is a web player on the homepage listing the 10 latest jams for you to listen. Note this is not live internet radio, but finished jam sessions. The recorded jam pages link to user profiles (which shows your favorite bands and instruments you play), so it should make the whole jammr website experience deeper.

Here is an example of what a single recorded jam looks like.

ivan.ivkovic
I made a facebook group for jammers and I'll add my buddies there so feel free to join

Excellent, that's a great idea. Thanks for taking the initiative!

The group is public but I don't see a way to join. Can you enable for anyone to join?

Please add jammrmusic (the jammr Page) as administrator, if it doesn't let you add a Page as administrator please add Stefan Hajnoczi (my personal profile). I will provide a high-res cover photo.

Once it is ready I will announce the group on jammr's Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.

#3 Jan. 3, 2015 07:43:46

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

stefanha
I made a facebook group for jammers and I'll add my buddies there so feel free to join also:

I cannot open the facebook page because it requires a facebook account and I don't have a facebook account. Is it possible to integrate such features in forum? I like to join someone for covers (not available yet) and to change scores between members if someone is interested too)

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

#4 Jan. 3, 2015 08:37:08

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

adi
I cannot open the facebook page because it requires a facebook account and I don't have a facebook account. Is it possible to integrate such features in forum?

You can already post on the forum and anyone checking the forum will see it. The forum also has RSS feeds so you can subscribe to be notified of new posts:
http://forum.jammr.net/feeds/posts/

The development roadmap for the first half of 2015 is set. At this point I can't prioritize the forum enhancement you are thinking of. The need for it will lessen anyway as more users join (coordination becomes less important when there are always people online to jam with).

#5 Jan. 3, 2015 19:48:24

ivan.ivkovic
Profile   Send e-mail  

Okay I sent you a friend request in order to add you to the group. I think I've made the group as open as possible.

Okay I understand the points about the landing page.

#6 Jan. 5, 2015 17:47:18

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

ivan.ivkovic
Okay I sent you a friend request in order to add you to the group. I think I've made the group as open as possible.

Great, thank you!

Stefan

#7 Jan. 5, 2015 17:58:34

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

I've joined the group. Please add me as administrator too (mainly so that I can take care of things if you are offline or don't have time anymore).

I'll get a high resolution image for the group. This looks like a good way for Facebook users to share jam information and chat.

Board footer

Moderator control