jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Jan. 18, 2015 07:44:33

LetsJam
Profile   Send e-mail  

Letsjam joined

Hello to all you jammers. I am a guitar player enjoying in rhytm n blues, rock, jazz, classic.
It was a delight to play with you on this Saturday and many thanks again to stefanha for help getting connected.

Just as a question or suggestion to you more experienced jammers : I had the feeling that without a moderator it is difficult to synchronize all musicians on what to play. Would it make sense to kind of settle some pieces of music prior to the sessions ?

Have fun and lets jam :-)

#2 Jan. 18, 2015 12:59:42

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Letsjam joined

LetsJam
I had the feeling that without a moderator it is difficult to synchronize all musicians on what to play. Would it make sense to kind of settle some pieces of music prior to the sessions ?

Hi LetsJam,
It was fun jamming together!

It's hard to predict but my feeling is the weekly jam sessions on Friday and Saturday 19:00 UTC will remain mixed and sometimes a bit chaotic. That's because there are new people every week with different levels of skill and perspectives on music.

You can schedule a structured jam session - for example to play jazz standards. Check out my post on how to announce your own jam sessions:
http://forum.jammr.net/topic/386/

You may even find a group of musicians who want to jam regularly in a more serious fashion. In that case you can use private jam sessions to invite only your buddies:
http://blog.jammr.net/2014/01/08/private-jam-sessions-how-jam-just-your-friends/

Stefan

#3 Feb. 8, 2015 03:18:41

aramizu
Profile   Send e-mail  

Letsjam joined

Hello Everybody! I discover just now this app/site/server and I'm anxious to play with you all.
I'm guitar player most of the time and my influences are a bit of folk, jazz and rock n' roll.

Let's have fun.

#4 Feb. 8, 2015 10:20:21

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Letsjam joined

aramizu
I discover just now this app/site/server and I'm anxious to play with you all.I'm guitar player most of the time and my influences are a bit of folk, jazz and rock n' roll.

Welcome aramizu

Hope to see you at the weekly jam sessions on Fridays & Saturdays at 19:00 UTC. That's the best time to find other musicians online to jam with.

Stefan

Board footer

Moderator control