Search - User list
Full Version: Correcting input lag
Root » Wishlist and suggestions » Correcting input lag
Papyrus
Hey to all!

First of all, I enjoy jamming with all of you and I think jammr has great potential.
However, I find that as a singer, despite using low latency values in the jammr settings, my voice seems to always lag behind a bit on recordings and consequently also for other listeners in the jam, I suppose. Am i doing something wrong or should jammr offer some kind of input lag setting so the user can correct the timing issues? I'm using the line-in signal of a Steinberg UR44 with loopback activated.

All the best
Papyrus
stefanha
Papyrus
Am i doing something wrong or should jammr offer some kind of input lag setting so the user can correct the timing issues?

There is a latency setting in the audio settings dialog (File | Settings… | Audio). Usually the setting should be between 5-12 milliseconds. Anything larger than 12 milliseconds might be noticable. Which value do you have?

Why are you using Line-In with Loopback instead of a regular Mic In?

If you are using hardware monitoring then it's best to disable that and use jammr's software monitoring (“Play back my audio” in File | Settings… | Audio).

Stefan
Papyrus
There is no regular mic-in available for this device when not using ASIO as audio system, so I use loop-back as a work-around.

I set the latency to 2.67 ms in the jammr audio settings and use Windows WASAPI. Despite this low setting, I notice some input delay when monitoring with jammr, and as I already said, on recordings I seem to lag behind a bit, too. But you are essentially saying that apart from the latency adjustable in the settings there should be no additional input lag of any kind?
stefanha
How far do you lag behind? Less than 1 second?

Stefan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.