Search - User list
Full Version: A Few Suggestions/ Improvements
Root » Wishlist and suggestions » A Few Suggestions/ Improvements
HighAction
Hi Stefana love this software having lots of fun but here a few suggestions that could make this better not sure if anyone else has requested these feature but here goes

1. How about a main lobby “no recording” where we can just hang out and chat e.g while taking a break or waiting for others

2. Some kind of Avatar in session so we can have like what others main instrument is

3. A Led indicator to show who's playing at the time

4. On the metronome change the color of the 4th bar to a different shade of blue or even a custom pallet to make it easier to see position of beats

thanks for the great software

Rock'n'
stefanha
HighAction
1. How about a main lobby “no recording” where we can just hang out and chat e.g while taking a break or waiting for others

Nice idea, thanks for sharing.

HighAction
2. Some kind of Avatar in session so we can have like what others main instrument is
3. A Led indicator to show who's playing at the time

There are plans for a new user interface where each user's website avatar is displayed with a VU meter alongside it so you can see when they play (and how loud). The development work on the new UI hasn't started yet so I can't share a timeframe right now.

HighAction
4. On the metronome change the color of the 4th bar to a different shade of blue or even a custom pallet to make it easier to see position of beatsthanks for the great software

Good idea. I'd like to change the way that tempo, metronome, and Beats per Interval (BPI) work in the future. Instead there will be tempo and time signature (4/4 default). Based on the time signature it will be possible to draw bars. Right now jammr doesn't know if you are playing in 4/4 time or 3/4 time or something else.
HighAction
Some more ideas

Additional/Alternate Input so say when you got a guitarist with a headset they can say press the space key to
talk to others

ok this one i knicked from a old game client but it was a great feature
when you in chat and someone types you name E.g “Hi stefanha” it does nothing but if they use say a
“hi /stefanha” it could/should Make your name appear in Bold and make a Sound at Client end.
stefanha
Thanks HighAction!

Real-time voice chat would be nice. Voice wouldn't be included in recorded jams, just live when jamming (so it doesn't affect the recordings).

The chat client supports /me actions. Try “/me rocks out!”. It doesn't highlight your name yet.
HighAction
Still getting those errors and

not really a feature or suggestion more of a bugfix

1. when you connect to jammr and have the server browser open and see that the servers are empty
if you keep it open and someone join within the period that you have it open it does not refresh the server list

2. When creating a server and then going into the change topic it allows you to call your server
“Public jam - Play nicely” Surely this should be reserved

That's all for the min
stefanha
HighAction
1. when you connect to jammr and have the server browser open and see that the servers are empty. if you keep it open and someone join within the period that you have it open it does not refresh the server list

It would indeed be handy to update the server list so people appear when they join. Something for a future jammr update.

HighAction
2. When creating a server and then going into the change topic it allows you to call your server“Public jam - Play nicely” Surely this should be reserved That's all for the min

You can make your private jam open to everyone, so it's effectively public. (Switch the access control list to blacklist mode and don't add anyone). Therefore it seems okay to allow a “Public jam” topic.
HighAction
Is it possible to add a feature to save allowed users in list so you dont have to keep inputting their names
same thing for blocked users

stefanha
Good idea, that would be convenient. A username search is also needed to make access control lists easy to create.
HighAction
Been thinking about this one i think you could just store usernames in a couple of text files
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.