jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 May 4, 2015 13:05:12

fenderguy
Profile   Send e-mail  

Cant get ElevenRack hardware to work properly with Jammr

Hi. This is a great tool for musicians.
Unfortunately, jammr.net only works with my Maudio fastrack USB device.
I've been having trouble since I replaced my Maudio Fasttrack with an AVID ElevenRack.
I've got input set to ElevenRack and Output set to Eleven Rack. Through headphones hoooked up to ElevenRack output I can hear my guitar with all of its effects and other musicians perfectly. However, other musicians report that they can barely hear me. And, when I later download my tracks via email and playback, I can hear my guitar but barely and with no effects.

It seems the only way I can make things somewhat work is if I keep my Fasttrack device setup and have my eleven rack headphone output plugged into it. I do not like having to do this configuration as using two USB devices (Elevenrack, Maudio) causes conflict issues with my other software like ProTools.

#2 May 4, 2015 16:43:22

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

fenderguy
I do not like having to do this configuration as using two USB devices (Elevenrack, Maudio) causes conflict issues with my other software like ProTools.

It should definitely be possible to use Eleven Rack with jammr.

This sounds like an Eleven Rack configuration issue. Now you need to figure out how to set the Eleven Rack USB volume level and perhaps dry/bypass.

I have never used an Eleven Rack, so these are general tips. You'll have to figure out the specifics for this device:
1. Turn on “Play back my audio” in jammr's sound settings. This means jammr plays the audio it captures from your Eleven Rack.
2. Turn off hardware monitoring (sometimes called direct monitoring) on the Eleven Rack. This may also be a monitoring volume control that you need to set to 0% or 100% to get the right wet/dry mix on the Eleven Rack.
3. Check the Eleven Rack settings for any routing or source selection options for USB. Make sure the USB input is the processed signal.
4. Check that you have selected the right input device in jammr. Perhaps the Eleven Rack has multiple input devices and you have selected the dry input (for re-amping).
5. Try again with jammr or record yourself with Audacity (http://web.audacityteam.org/). Do not use Pro Tools for testing since it has special Elevan Rack integration and may not access the sound device in the same way as jammr.

If you still have trouble, please go to Help | Show log… and post the text. It contains technical information about your sound configuration.

#3 May 6, 2015 18:32:13

fenderguy
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thanks for your prompt response Stefanha. I tried downloading a more current driver for Eleven Rack. After doing this, I saw specific eleven rack channels available in Jammr.net setup. I choose eleven rack channels 3&4 for input and eleven rack multi channel output. Other users reported that they could here the “wet” sound of my guitar clearly after that. I still run into an issue of my sound cutting in and out every once in a while but normally this is fixed by restarting Jammr.

#4 May 7, 2015 06:50:39

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

fenderguy
Other users reported that they could here the “wet” sound of my guitar clearly after that. I still run into an issue of my sound cutting in and out every once in a while but normally this is fixed by restarting Jammr.

Great, I'm glad you got it working.

Can you describe what happens when the sound cuts out occasionally? Is there an error message in the chat or a message box dialog? Maybe there is a message in Help | Show log…?

Board footer

Moderator control