Search - User list
Full Version: Can't get change input device to audio interface input
Root » Technical support » Can't get change input device to audio interface input
METATHRASH
Hello. I'm a newbie and I'm trying to get jammr set up. I had it working before by jacking into my audio interface–I could hear it fine–but then after I added vst effects the audio stopped working. When I bring up the input menu it is greyed out, but before my interface was on the menu and I could hear it. Thanks!
METATHRASH
okay i got it – you got to change the input before you connect
stefanha
Glad you were able to fix the issue.

jammr sound settings cannot be changed while you are connected to a jam session. It is possible to change VSTs while connected to a jam session though.
METATHRASH
now my audio cuts off during a jam without disconnecting. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's the other musicians, or both. I can get it back by disconnecting/conecting, though, but it's an issue.
stefanha
METATHRASH
now my audio cuts off during a jam without disconnecting. Sometimes it's me, sometimes it's the other musicians, or both. I can get it back by disconnecting/conecting, though, but it's an issue.

If audio cuts off periodically then your internet connection is not able to keep up.

This could happen if you are on 3G mobile internet or very slow DSL. Or maybe you are on a wifi that has poor signal.

jammr does not place high demands on your internet connection. Any stable broadband connection should work.

Stefan
stefanha
You can get a basic assessment of your internet connection here: http://www.speedtest.net/

Please let us know what results you get. If you are on a metered 3G connection, note that the speed test itself involves data usage (i.e. will use up your allowance).

Stefan
METATHRASH
YEah I'm using xfinity wireless. The speed test said this:

Ping
11 ms
Download
15.31 Mbps
Upload
2.08 Mbps
stefanha
The speed test results you posted look fine. They are more than good enough to use jammr.

You may find it depends on which xfinity wireless hotspot you connect to.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.