jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.
  • Root
  • » Technical support
  • » EXTREMELY LOUD FEEDBACK NOISE CRASHED ME LAPTOP (YES I HAVE TO YELL, IT'S THAT LOUD) [RSS Feed]

#1 Nov. 2, 2015 17:37:05

speedcat
Profile   Send e-mail  

EXTREMELY LOUD FEEDBACK NOISE CRASHED ME LAPTOP (YES I HAVE TO YELL, IT'S THAT LOUD)

Hi Peeps!

I installed Jammr on my Toshiba Satellite C55 with i3 and Windows 7, and visited one of the active jam sessions, and it totally crashed my system. The loudest feedback ever, which for a second I thought was actually the band, which might have been cool except that my entire system was unresponsive. Could not turn it down. And this was like 3AM. I had to hard power off my Toshiba.

Waah, this is me crying. Any thoughts here?

thanks

#2 Nov. 3, 2015 09:23:29

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

EXTREMELY LOUD FEEDBACK NOISE CRASHED ME LAPTOP (YES I HAVE TO YELL, IT'S THAT LOUD)

speedcat
The loudest feedback ever, which for a second I thought was actually the band, which might have been cool except that my entire system was unresponsive. Could not turn it down.

If you use a microphone, please use headphones so that the microphone does not pick up the audio from the room.

It sounds like there might be audio driver issues that crashed your laptop. Please start jammr (you don't need to connect to a jam session) and go to “Help | Show log…”. Copy paste the text into the forum here so I can review your sound configuration and suggest which sound settings will work best.

• Root
  • » Technical support
  • » EXTREMELY LOUD FEEDBACK NOISE CRASHED ME LAPTOP (YES I HAVE TO YELL, IT'S THAT LOUD)[RSS Feed]

Board footer

Moderator control