jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Jan. 26, 2016 17:45:19

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

ubuntu studio machine

i would to buy an ubuntu studio machine to run jammr app. i make now preliminary tests with live sessions on my current computer. my goal is to send a loop (chords, bass, drums) in syncro with internal microphone and to play a solo with my keyboard. i installed jammr, started jack and lmms but i cannot connect my keyboard to the loop. if other users made similar tests please let me know how to make a loop from lmms.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (Jan. 26, 2016 22:58:21)

#2 Jan. 26, 2016 22:32:15

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

ubuntu studio machine

first test - lmms runs all these virtual instruments but setting volumes is difficult (not an utile output sound yet). i used two laptops with 2 accounts (one for each laptop) in the same room, first for lmms and the second for listening in order to verify if the connection is ok. the sound was sent to server so the second laptop was receiving the signal. at first impression i like ubuntu studio because it looks ok but working with it is difficult as an occasional computer user. i noticed that while the interval was 16 bpi at 120 bpm the server sent the signal very quickly to the second laptop, 4 bits only, not the whole interval. i don't realize if this this can count on chords progression) or it is a wrong set. i will try again with another jammer with the second laptop in another location for a better test.

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (Jan. 26, 2016 23:01:59)

Board footer

Moderator control