jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Jan. 27, 2016 10:13:01

Bo
Profile   Send e-mail  

regularly meetings - Another Try of a "Jammr Band"

Hey guys

I am having a nice time jamming with all of you! -lots of Names could be mentioned here!

…Though … What I am missing is the progression in the Sounddetails…

…every Jam is different in its own way and always starts just from the beginning… depending on User/ Used Instruments and expierience of the User… this isnt a bad thing… lots of oppurtunities are open here…. and lots of inspiration.

But wouldnt it be nice to work on a few own Songs… and on their Sounddetails… and just keep pushing things forward to new levels???

The Idea is now to create a small group of musicians that are interested in meeting regularly at jammr… REGULARLY!!!!

…maybe nail one or two covers to get things going and then work on own Songs?!… So whoever is interested can just post their Freetime, Instruments and Soundinterests below…

I am simple to manage… I have my small company and can handle/plan my Freetime… i will play whatever instrument is needed…. i would prefer Guitar or Drums…
And i am not fixed to any special kind of music…

Who is interested??

greetings!
Bo

#2 Jan. 27, 2016 14:50:39

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Bo
The Idea is now to create a small group of musicians that are interested in meeting regularly at jammr… REGULARLY!!!!
Good idea but jammr site encourage especially jam sessions… If you can create a band using jammr you will be the first one. Other jammers tried this before but they didn´t succeed. Because I am just an amateur I cannot subscribe to your future band (advanced skills are required for a band member) but because jammr is still in a beta stage try to make a private list or your own adding to list the jammers you find suitable for you. Jammers today often connect daily (this is a very new behavior because few months ago jams were only one day a week) and they will see your jam too. Use chat and pm for dealing with the music issues! And don´t forget to give a public live show on jammr after the first successful song release!

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (Jan. 27, 2016 20:33:00)

#3 Jan. 28, 2016 07:50:01

JayPercival
Profile   Send e-mail  

#4 Jan. 28, 2016 08:45:52

Bo
Profile   Send e-mail  

JayPercival
I would be interested in this.

cool jay… thx for interest! which instrument?? at which time available?

#5 Jan. 28, 2016 08:52:58

Bo
Profile   Send e-mail  

adi
Good idea but jammr site encourage especially jam sessions… If you can create a band using jammr you will be the first one. Other jammers tried this before but they didn´t succeed. Because I am just an amateur I cannot subscribe to your future band (advanced skills are required for a band member) but because jammr is still in a beta stage try to make a private list or your own adding to list the jammers you find suitable for you. Jammers today often connect daily (this is a very new behavior because few months ago jams were only one day a week) and they will see your jam too. Use chat and pm for dealing with the music issues! And don´t forget to give a public live show on jammr after the first successful song release!

well if you never try it you never know i had to try… jammr is a cool thing… and adi… if you are willing to progress and practice your instrument often, you can play in a band very early and i am not trying to find the elite …
…i am trying to find the reliable… and work with them
… i am patient and i still make music just for fun… but within some time you will know your musicmates a liitle better and have more “soundspace” to fill up … thats the point i am aiming at…

#6 Jan. 28, 2016 11:39:19

talertim
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hi Bo,

I'm also interrest, at least I want try .

My free time in evening (6.00 - 8.00 pm CET).

Greetz Tim

—————————————————————————————–
Instrument: Guitar (trainee)

#7 Jan. 28, 2016 18:27:35

JayPercival
Profile   Send e-mail  

Rhodes piano (VSTi)

I'm available most nights from about 8ish (GMT) but have 2 small kids so my plans and availability can change at short notice.

#8 Feb. 2, 2016 14:32:10

Bo
Profile   Send e-mail  

Hey Tim , Hey Jay…..sorry for late answer … i was waiting for replies…
…as I can see the trend going towards 20:00 GMT… 19:00 CET… a good time for me too…

But how often do we want to meet? once or twice the week? … of course i will still be jamming in public at other freetimes…

And… do you guys have some ideas to start with?? We had a lot of fun messing around with hotel california a few days ago for example… maybe a few covers to get warm together???? -but tell me your ideas …

…as i can see we got Keys (JAY), Guitar (tim), and with me either live-drums or drummaschine + Guitar…

…and new jammers are still welcome

HAve a nice time hear from you soon!

Bo

#9 Feb. 11, 2016 14:57:28

JayPercival
Profile   Send e-mail  

Sorry for the slow response. Life got in the way.

I try and get on Jammr most nights if I can and I'm not too exhausted for the day. Normally I get to jam about 3-4 nights a week.

I'd be happy to Jam with the band whenever I am on but Tuesdays are the best for me normally.

I've got a couple of chord progressions I've been working on recently but if you want to suggest some songs I'll happily learn them (or try to at least).

I can also put some drum machine midi loops on if you didn't want to run the drums. I'm happy to.

J

Edited JayPercival (Feb. 11, 2016 14:57:50)

#10 Feb. 13, 2016 10:25:37

JayPercival
Profile   Send e-mail  

I had a thought last night that we might run into some issues if we do any kind of Verse/Chorus kind of song. Unless we set the BPI to the whole song we will always be playing over the last section.

We could however start sending audio tracks to each other to use in a DAW. Personally I use Cubase most of the time but there are a number of free or cheap DAW that we could all use. Provided we standardise the files format (i.e. MP3, WAV etc) we shouldn't have any trouble.

So for example I would record the drums and the keys and forward that to the next person who would record their part and then either send it back to me to add to the mix or forward it all to the next person.

I know this isn't jamming as such but other than having a song with a long BPI or a repeating chords pattern (with no changes) I can't see how a verse/chorus kind of song can be done.

Hope you don't mind my suggestion.

J

Board footer

Moderator control