Search - User list
Full Version: linux mint m-audio card
Root » Technical support » linux mint m-audio card
dogfish666
H i a friend of mine is using linux mint and m-audio sound card and alsamixer and is having problems getting sound to
work any one on here using ubuntu / linux based system got any set up ideas if you could help on this matter it would be great thanks
adi
dogfish666
H i a friend of mine is using linux mint and m-audio sound card and alsamixer and is having problems getting sound to
work
use jack. i often login with ubuntu studio live usb and there are a lot of presets settings in audio production menu. jammr is not installed by default but you can download it from jammr.net. there is qjackctk to start the driver and replace alsa.
dogfish666
hi adi thanks for the reply i will pass the information on and get t working
and will let you no many thanks for your help dogfish666
stefanha
I recommend using qjackctl to start/stop/configure JACK.

Also make sure to tell PulseAudio not to access the sound card while JACK is using it. You can use pavucontrol to disable a sound card in PulseAudio. This way JACK and PulseAudio won't fight over the card.

If you still have trouble, I suggest going back to ALSA to make sure the basics are working (JACK actually uses ALSA). Post error messages or anything else that might give a clue as to what is happening.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.