jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 March 14, 2016 15:14:40

talertim
Profile   Send e-mail  

Ibanez GRG 250 DX

Hi guys.

I want to buy a new guitar and want to know, if anyone had experience with this (amazing looks) guitar.

I will buy a offered set of little used amp (Marshall 15W) and the guitar also used little, includes rack, belt, strings and bag for total 300 Euros? Is it a good price? What do you think?

Tim

—————————————————————————————–
Instrument: Guitar (trainee)

Edited talertim (March 14, 2016 15:15:14)

#2 March 14, 2016 17:01:47

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Ibanez GRG 250 DX

talertim
and the guitar also used little
the amp only is about 90 as new in the link… the cheapest guitar is a bit under 100 euro guitar in the shop. i think the seller won't get rich.

take care at the neck to be straight (press a string on the first fret and on the last fret and look at the neck not to be curved… and also at the high action not to be too high… the neck alone is very expensive as replacement (if it is movable)

the thus rode must be functional…

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

#3 March 14, 2016 17:29:34

talertim
Profile   Send e-mail  

Ibanez GRG 250 DX

Hi Adi,

thanks for the usefull tip I will take into account.

I also think not that the seller is looking to make money, he is just simple no more playing.

I really like the look of this guitar.

Tim

#4 March 14, 2016 17:58:47

Bo
Profile   Send e-mail  

Ibanez GRG 250 DX

The thing i always like about ibanez guitars is the very short neck…
…this makes it very compact and quite fast within short notes… very nice to handle and to play… I still love playing with my GIO … even as a starter guitar it is very fun… but… factory settings could often be more precise… thats the thing shops usually do for their custumers, before selling it… if you order a guitar online settings can sometimes be quite poor! But usually with a few hours speartime you can figure it out

…and finally every screw makes sence… and there are some specs to follow… LOL

Price seems OK… i paid something similar for my first Epiphone SG in a similar set… sounds OK…

…but i would give you the advise to visit some guitar shops to find out exactly what you want before ordering…. there are so many differences even between similiar Models… And a lot of different Necks, feeelings and sounds… Thats the way i found my guitar…. And i am still happy with it….

…believe me… its worth taking a look around and testplaying different guitars!

… ihave spent days in the guitar shops of tokyo with my brother… played a whole lot of guitars

cheers… good luck for the right guitar!

Attachments:
attachment DSCN4637.JPG (2.5 MB)

#5 March 14, 2016 18:27:02

talertim
Profile   Send e-mail  

Ibanez GRG 250 DX

Hi Bo,

Thank you.

Of course you are absolute right it is not the best way to buy guitar online but the next music store close to me is not a good one.

At least I will give this untried guitar one chance. Hope you will also be right about playing of Ibanez guitar.

Tim

Board footer

Moderator control