Search - User list
Full Version: Is a USB AUdio Interface supported?
Root » Technical support » Is a USB AUdio Interface supported?
WebJunk
I have a UR44 interface I use with protools & Reaper. Yes my computer has a soundcard but I have no microphones for it. Is there any way to use my interface?
adi
WebJunk
Yes my computer has a soundcard but I have no microphones for it.
Usually laptops are the most used computers today and they all have incorporated microphones and speakers. If you have a laptop try use the internal sound card but take care of microphony (that terrible noise) because this is always dangerous for jammers wearing headphones (it could make damage on someone ears) and always put the headphones in the jack before joining the jammr server (to cut the speakers). Once the audio is set you can chat on line about special issues like yours and fix it.
WebJunk
Don't have a laptop to use. Guess I can't chat with anyone about it then either?
Thought it was worth a try.
adi
WebJunk
Don't have a laptop to use. Guess I can't chat with anyone about it then either?
Thought it was worth a try.
Sure you can. Start file/settings in jammr app. In audio choose any input device (no mic required) and speakers in audio out. Join a jam session room (you will see jammer names) and listen and chat!!!
WebJunk
OK. Finally got it working…Somewhat. I setup another instance of Windows with no other drivers or real software installed. So there is a conflict someplace.
FYI adi: In my main instance of Windows, the audio settings were blank. Could not select anything.
Also I got my MIDI controller working. Although I noticed sometimes if I hold a key down, I get static mixed in. I just verified it does not happen using the controller, same VST's within Protools or Reaper.
One real major issue is I noticed that my volume in the mix with others is way too low. That is a major issue especially with a keyboard controller that would make this unusable.
adi
Midi controller is nice because it doesn't need any microphone. In my case I use free software (kontakt 5 player vst) and it has a volume button in interface. On my keyboard there is a volume button too. I use both for volume. Sometimes I am too loud. I am not good at computers, just try the simplest ways to join the jams… (I prefer WDM-KS driver at 5.8 latency).
WebJunk
I use a Midi controller (Nektar LX49) which does not have volume control because no internal voices. I tried a couple of VST's and had each at max volume but did not help. Have to try guitar or bass and see how well that works.
adi
Internal mic test (old imac computer).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMcsYCy9Ttw
I will also test a midi controller on pc soon. On windows look at sample rate. It must be the same both in jammr setting and in windows sound settings (right click on speaker icon in system tray) for speakers and microphone! I use 44100.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.