Search - User list
Full Version: Jammr Band (Third Attempt)
Root » Discussion » Jammr Band (Third Attempt)
Calran
Hello! I've been having lots of great jams with the jammrs here and I thought about forming a band, consisting of players that shares similar musical tastes. While I like to play anything, I enjoy most playing complex music (and failing miserably while doing so! until i get the hang of it hehe). So I'm looking for players into Jazz Fusion, Prog. Rock, Funk, Groove and crazy experimental stuff.

Input (bass), Plumbus (Keyboard) and Jazzist91 (guitar), what do you guys say?

adi
Calran
Jammr Band (Third Attempt)
great idea! nice band! and please let people know when your first album will be released!!! you already did it a preview in your previous post so the jammr band already exist… may be you can continue this topic with posts about how your work progress!!!
Calran
Haha! I'm not aiming for an album!, it is more to establish some regular jamming sessions with band members, then re-mix the jams and post them on the forum, or even maybe video record ourselves and put the pieces together and post it on youtube, don't know. It also helps to spread the word of this sofware's potential. I've told a lot of my musician friends abut Jammr but they don't join because they remain skeptical about its functionality, they tend to ask: “does it works? Is there any delay? What about the sound quality? The musicians?”, that's when I say to myself “If only I had video recorded jam of us somewhere” .
Input
Hey guys, this is a great idea! I am up for it.

Also the youtube video idea is great.. It is the future of jammr thats for sure.
I hope we can get more collaboration.

Sorry for late response Calran, I dont follow the forum that often.
adi
Calran
or even maybe video record ourselves and put the pieces together and post it on youtube
@calran: you donĀ“t need a video file for posting music on youtube. in my (free) video editor there is an option to import just a photo (or a graphic file) as background for the entire music track…
i think stefanha also used graphic files for youtube. i suppose he made a rolling slideshow with such files for the official jammr channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPosgmiYRzM
i also posted on youtube a jam session (with you too) and i used just a static graphic file exported from a text editor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnTFN2jLZWo (this is one variant for a movie to integrate the desired music track)…
i duplicated a short selection of the jam on youtube because some of my friends cannot start the embedded player from the jammr.net site on their tables while youtube runs smoothly.
Calran
Hey Input! Glad you're interested! Let's hope that the other guys answer soon
Input
Calran
Hey Input! Glad you're interested! Let's hope that the other guys answer soon

Already started on this intro today for us to develop, let me know if you like it -> https://soundcloud.com/mebahel/fusionexperimental-calran-input-in-progress
*updated with calran part*
Calran
Yeah alreayd heard it, I'm working at the moment, when I get home I'll add my guitar parts.
Input
Calran
Yeah alreayd heard it, I'm working at the moment, when I get home I'll add my guitar parts.

Awesome I sent you the mixcraft project to your jammr email/pm box.

Calran
Got it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.