jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Feb. 3, 2014 14:48:32

Samshamoo
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

Anyone down for a jam right now ? I'm new here trying to see if I can get this working.

Edited Samshamoo (Feb. 3, 2014 14:48:57)

#2 Feb. 4, 2014 07:13:12

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

Hi Samshamoo,
The best time to find new people online to jam with is the weekly jam session on Saturdays at 19:00 UTC. Usually several people will be online during the weekly jam.

If you can't make the “official” weekly jam session, try announcing your own jam session two days ahead of time. That way people have time to see your announcement and join your jam.

jammr was launched back in June. Right now there are usually a few people trying it out per day, but there isn't always someone online. That's why it helps to announce the time/date (with timezone) for a jam session.

Stefan

#3 Feb. 15, 2014 12:40:01

millerthegorilla
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

Dude, you've got to get an IRC channel on the go, I mean if you do we can then hang out on the IRC client and meet people willing to jam there and then. I'm fairly certain it doesn't take much to get an IRC channel.

Without IRC we have to wait for the weekly jam, which I've been waiting for all week, just to try out jammr once, and in the last 5 minutes I've been asked out tonight, so I'll have to wait another week just to have a go (I've been trying to find the time for four weeks now).

Perhaps schedule a public jam for mid week, when people are not attempting to cram their social life in to their one/two days off a week.

I'm really looking forward to the opportunity to play, as I play four instruments well enough to busk a jam with them, and the whole idea of distributed musicians is absolutely fantastic.

Anyway, here's hoping.

#4 Feb. 15, 2014 14:29:09

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

Hi millerthegorilla,
Please join #wahjam on irc.oftc.net. There are already several other people on our channel.

I think your point still stands - I guess many people have never heard of IRC and won't be joining. I think we could also come up with ways to organize jam sessions on short notice on Twitter, maybe other social networks too.

Feel free to set up your own weekly jam session and post on it on the forum. I will try to join and I bet others will too .

Hope to jam with you soon,
Stefan

#5 June 1, 2014 17:10:09

Nilrum
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

I don't know WTF that link was supposed to go to but probably not this:?
I agree mid-afternoon Saturday is not going to work for me pretty much ever. I'm in Austin Texas and that's usually the day real life jamming takes place. I was looking for something to keep me busy on odd hours.

#6 June 3, 2014 05:36:53

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

Nilrum
I don't know WTF that link was supposed to go to but probably not this:?

irc.oftc.net is an IRC chat server. It's not a website that you can go to in your browser.

If you just want to try IRC without installing an IRC client like mIRC or Colloquy, you can use oftc.net's web client:
https://webchat.oftc.net/

The channel name is #wahjam. You will see me and several other people on there.

Stefan

#7 June 3, 2014 17:59:35

diibadaaba
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

The weekly Saturday jams won't work for me either especially during summer. Right now or some other evening this week would be fine though. Somewhere around 7:00PM (Finnish time) would be great. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140604T19&p1=101

#8 June 3, 2014 18:23:06

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

diibadaaba
The weekly Saturday jams won't work for me either especially during summer. Right now or some other evening this week would be fine though. Somewhere around 7:00PM (Finnish time) would be great. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?iso=20140604T19&p1=101

Pick a time/date that works for you and create a new post in the Jam Sessions sub-forum.

If you schedule it weekly I'll add it to the jammr newsletter and Facebook/Twitter/Google+ so more people find out about it.

Once we get several regular jam sessions going eventually there will be people online more and more often. Hopefully soon critical mass will be reached so there is ALWAYS someone online to jam with .

Stefan

#9 June 3, 2014 18:37:03

diibadaaba
Profile   Send e-mail  

JAM ??

stefanha
It's hard to tell beforehand when I'll feel like jamming. Basically every evening Sun-Thu would work me most of the time.

Board footer

Moderator control