jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 April 11, 2020 03:09:47

bangzippy
Profile   Send e-mail  

jamer does not work with mac os catalina

It never worked. I could not hear the metronome, my buddy or his guitar, or my own voice and guitar. Here is what I did. I spent an hr trying to hack this out

- I called my buddy on my iPhone.
- we both downloaded the trial and created an account
- He joined my “jam”
- I tried to use a audio-technia AT2020 USB mic. I used apple settings app as follows

setting -> sound -> input
setting -> sound -> output

I can see that mac OS was picking up my voice over the AT2020. My plan was to use the mic to pick up my guitar running through my regular tube amp and pedalboard

I also tried to hook up my blue speaker

Using the setting apps, I see at the mac os level everything is connected as expected

when go to jamr preferences I am able to see the audio pathways how ever I can not change them. The output device is the AT2020. This mic has a head phone jack. I do not have head phones

tried killing and restarting jamr seveal ties. No luck. could never find a combination of mics and speakers that worked.

I tried using the built-in mic and speakers. got horrible loud feedback a couple of times. I had to kill the app before I went deaf

I love the idea of this app. Hope you can help me sort it out

#2 April 11, 2020 12:01:28

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

jamer does not work with mac os catalina

Hi bangzippy,
You're almost set up and ready to jam! Sound settings cannot be changed while you are in a jam session, that's why they were grayed out. You can go to File | Disconnect to leave a jam session and then jammr | Preferences will let you select the input/output devices.

Wearing headphones is recommended when you are recording with a microphone. If you don't have headphones then mic/speaker placement and volume is important to prevent feedback.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Board footer

Moderator control