jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 March 31, 2020 16:27:05

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

mccordb
The usb mic I have worked yesterday today it doesnt. nothing has changed. I get this awful error message that the mike is being used by some other program or the volume is wrong. but nothing has changed. What do i do!

jammr does not mention “volume” in any error messages so maybe this error message is coming from your operating system or another program?

Troubleshooting steps:
1. Restart the computer
2. Ensure the USB mic is connected before launching jammr
3. Launch jammr and go to File | Settings… to check that the mic is still being used as the input device.

Please let me know if this doesn't solve the problem.

#2 March 31, 2020 16:37:30

mccordb
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

I think the problem is the Cortana. It appears that this screws up jammer. i also disabled the computer mic and speakers. So far so good. thanks for the response, but those actions werent the problem.

#3 April 20, 2020 00:13:52

Steve11
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

Hi, i've just signed up and joined a random public jam session, just to listen in and as soon as I connected the other people in the jam started complaining of a squeal / feedback caused by me joining, and if I attempted to put any volume on my laptop it was unbearable.

I didn't have anything plugged in yet, no mics or instruments, just my laptop, I didn't change any laptop mic and speaker settings, just default settings

Any ideas why the feedback?
Cheers

#4 April 20, 2020 00:16:43

captaincancel
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

Steve11
Hi, i've just signed up and joined a random public jam session, just to listen in and as soon as I connected the other people in the jam started complaining of a squeal / feedback caused by me joining, and if I attempted to put any volume on my laptop it was unbearable.I didn't have anything plugged in yet, no mics or instruments, just my laptop, I didn't change any laptop mic and speaker settings, just default settingsAny ideas why the feedback?Cheers

Your laptop has an omni mic built in, so it is picking up what's coming out of your speakers. Simple solution: wear headphones, or click the Send button to not send anything to the room.

#5 April 20, 2020 01:25:43

Steve11
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

captaincancel
Thanks for the advice, totally makes sense

#6 May 1, 2020 08:35:21

malenerose
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

I can't hear the other musicians in jammr (or the metronome)
I use Focusrite both for incoming and outgoing sound.
I can hear myself.
What is wrong?

#7 May 1, 2020 17:13:14

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Getting started

malenerose
I can't hear the other musicians in jammr (or the metronome)I use Focusrite both for incoming and outgoing sound.I can hear myself.What is wrong?

Hi malenerose,
If you can hear yourself but not the metronome then hardware monitoring (“direct monitoring”, “zero-latency monitoring”, or a similarly named feature) is probably enabled on your Focusrite interface. It means that jammr's audio input and output are probably not working and you are hearing yourself only from the Focusrite interface, not jammr.

Please go to Help | Show log and copy-paste the technical information that gets displayed onto the forum so I can suggest settings for you.

There is a step-by-step guide to setting up audio here: https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1987/

Board footer

Moderator control