Search - User list
Full Version: Trouble Getting Started
Root » Technical support » Trouble Getting Started
Les
I’m using a Xenyx 320 interface. I plug it into my USB port. My computer says that it recognizes the device. I open Jammr. I connect to a jam. I don’t see my name in the top display but I am to type in messages. I can hear myself playing through the interface - same as before connecting to Jammr. I hear other people but not through my head phones but through the computer speakers. I have opened settings and set the input to my interface and clicked same for output. Not sure if I should be on the Audio, MIDI or interface settings. Does everyone use an Ethernet connect or WiFi. End result, I can’t hear my guitar running through Jammr and no one else heard me. I need help please.
D4ni3L
Hello Les, welcome to jammr!

make sure that your interface is listed in settings –> Audio in Input and Output Device. You only can change the settings if disconnected from jam…
4hen i connect with my Xenyx x1204 it is listed as “Microphone(USB-AUDIO CODEC)” necer heard about xenyx 320….is it minimixer 302?

before starting jammr, close all applications like browsers, vlc-player, daw, or any else that can use your interface for sounds….

you don t see your own name in jam, only others do…

ethernet or wifi is not really important…

Midi, effect plug inn and User interface is not really relevant for your problems…

Good luck,

D4n
Les
I have an old Mac OS Lion that I thought I could use just for Jammr. Downloaded Jammr for Mac. Problem - when I try and open the App I get a notice on the screen that Jammr unexpectedly closed. It would seem that the Mac is shutting the program down before it gets going.

I may have AdBlock - wondering if that could be an issue?

Also, is it that my operating system won't support Jammr?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Les
stefanha
Hi Les,
jammr requires macOS Sierra (10.12).
EdJ
About ready to give up on this. Every time I login it takes me to my account but thats it. How the heck do I set up a session? Theres no buttons, text, or any indication of how to start this thing. (setup etc.) The only button I see is one that's advertising a free download. IT's recognized me because it has my set name at the top.
andhai
Hey EdJ you need to download that program, without it you cannot jam. Make sure to check out :

How do I jam using jammr?
Overview of the user interface: https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1727/
How to jam successfully: https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1724/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.