Search - User list
Full Version: Can't change my audio input/output
Root » Technical support » Can't change my audio input/output
absalone
Hi there,

I play on an external audio sound card, but I've seen no way to select it.
The cases where I could try are all greyed (see the screenshot attached).
I'm running it on mac.
Thanks for your help.
sethlael
bump this as it would be nice to use external audio card.
stefanha
Please disconnect from a jam session in order to change audio settings.

Go to jammr | Disconnect and then you'll be able to go to jammr | Preferences again. This time the audio settings will not be grayed out.

Once you're ready to connect again, go to jammr | Connect.
bechapman
I use a UA Apollo. There is no way for me to select which inputs on my interface to use. Im assuming it may be using 1 & 2, but I'd like to set it to 31 & 32.

stefanha
bechapman
I use a UA Apollo. There is no way for me to select which inputs on my interface to use. Im assuming it may be using 1 & 2, but I'd like to set it to 31 & 32.

Unfortunately jammr does not support selecting/routing inputs at this time. Please use inputs 1 & 2.

This feature is on the wishlist and may be added in the future.
Jon1973
I have the same problem. I have a Laptop Windows 10 connected to an Alesis Multimix 4 USB Mixer which I use fine with n-Track software, Audacity for recording and playback of music, works fine with other apps such as Amazon Music, etc too.

It shows as USB Codec in all other applications but it will not show up in the audio settings in Jammr

Is there some other setting? Or that just the way it is?

I do not have any other external microphone input that would use the standard realtek soundcard

Otherwise this looks great, I just can't use it until I solve this problem

Thanks
siberiancat
i'm on a Mac, and I don't see any way to configure my inputs.
I don't see how the app can't be used without selecting inputs.
stefanha
siberiancat
i'm on a Mac, and I don't see any way to configure my inputs. I don't see how the app can't be used without selecting inputs.

Please launch jammr and go to jammr | Preferences to configure the input/output devices.
stefanha
Jon1973
I have the same problem. I have a Laptop Windows 10 connected to an Alesis Multimix 4 USB Mixer which I use fine with n-Track software, Audacity for recording and playback of music, works fine with other apps such as Amazon Music, etc too.It shows as USB Codec in all other applications but it will not show up in the audio settings in JammrIs there some other setting? Or that just the way it is?I do not have any other external microphone input that would use the standard realtek soundcardOtherwise this looks great, I just can't use it until I solve this problemThanks

Please go to Help | Show log and copy-paste the technical information that gets displayed onto the forum so I can recommend sound settings for you.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.