Search - User list
Full Version: report bug
Root » Technical support » report bug
sethschoenfeld
Hi all,

I have a bug. Most times when I try to connect I get an error pop-up that tells me a bullet-point list of suggestions that involve verifying audio input/output settings in preferences, then provides a link into my own jammr-generated debug log file. I'm attaching that debug log file here as I'm able with only about 5-10% success rate enter room with foiks playing.

Most of the readout of efforts looks something like :
Apr 18 2020 04:42:46 DEBUG: Input device: M-Track 2X2M (Core Audio)
Apr 18 2020 04:42:46 DEBUG: Output device: Built-in Output (Core Audio)
Apr 18 2020 04:42:46 CRIT: Pa_OpenStream() failed: Internal PortAudio error
Apr 18 2020 04:42:46 CRIT: create_audioStreamer_PortAudio() failed
Apr 18 2020 04:43:00 WARN: QNSView mouseDragged: Internal mouse button tracking invalid (missing Qt::LeftButton)
Apr 18 2020 04:43:10 DEBUG: Trying Pa_OpenStream() with sampleRate 44100 inputLatency 0.0058 outputLatency 0.0058

create_audioStreamer_PortAudio() failed.

I don't know how to read that.

Open to suggestions and thanks in advance.
Using an M-audio M-track 2X2M in case it's not obvious from the readout.

Thanks!
Seth Schoenfeld
captaincancel
sethschoenfeld
Hi all, I have a bug. Most times when I try to connect I get an error pop-up that tells me a bullet-point list of suggestions that involve verifying audio input/output settings in preferences, then provides a link into my own jammr-generated debug log file. I'm attaching that debug log file here as I'm able with only about 5-10% success rate enter room with foiks playing. Most of the readout of efforts looks something like :Apr 18 2020 04:42:46 DEBUG: Input device: M-Track 2X2M (Core Audio)Apr 18 2020 04:42:46 DEBUG: Output device: Built-in Output (Core Audio)Apr 18 2020 04:42:46 CRIT: Pa_OpenStream() failed: Internal PortAudio errorApr 18 2020 04:42:46 CRIT: create_audioStreamer_PortAudio() failedApr 18 2020 04:43:00 WARN: QNSView mouseDragged: Internal mouse button tracking invalid (missing Qt::LeftButton)Apr 18 2020 04:43:10 DEBUG: Trying Pa_OpenStream() with sampleRate 44100 inputLatency 0.0058 outputLatency 0.0058 create_audioStreamer_PortAudio() failed. I don't know how to read that. Open to suggestions and thanks in advance. Using an M-audio M-track 2X2M in case it's not obvious from the readout. Thanks!Seth Schoenfeld

Does the M-Track 2X2M work in a DAW, using Core Audio drivers? You can grab Reaper and use it for free to test.
stefanha
Hi Seth,
Have you tried using the M-Track as both the input and output device?
sethschoenfeld
I have M-Track set as both input and output device in my computer preferences, also in Jammr preferences.
So the settings are correct.

Also, I can play into garageBand fine with the gbb settings also in/out M-track. So, it's very frustrating .
sethschoenfeld
captaincancel
I'll take a look at Reaper. I think you're asking if I try a different driver rather than Core audio.
sethschoenfeld
Also, confusing that I haven't found any info on the forum about changing the audio system from CORE audio; although in the settings menu, it says right in the UI “If you experience audio problems, change audio system” and there are no other options apart from CORE audio.
stefanha
Hi Seth,
On macOS “Core Audio” is the only available audio system.

In the log file the output device was always “Built-in Output (Core Audio)”. You mentioned you also tried setting the M-Track as input and output but it still didn't work. Did it fail with the same error message in the log (“Pa_OpenStream() failed: Internal PortAudio error”)?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.