Search - User list
Full Version: Audio setup guide
Root » Technical support » Audio setup guide
1 2 3 4
stefanha
Sir-Balthasar
Will Jammr support two audio inputs on the same laptop; voice and guitar? Or do I have to choose between playing and singing?

If you have a soundcard with multiple inputs then jammr will record both channel 1 and 2. For example, I connect both a guitar and an electronic drumkit to a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 soundcard and jammr combines both of them.
Baldev
Hi Stefan

just want to check point 7 in the audio setup

7. Check that the Send button in the bottom-right corner of the jammr
window is enabled. This button controls whether others can hear you.

When you say Send button enabled do you mean when it is blue (just like the metronome button when it's ticking over)?

screen grab attached

Regards
Baldev
TLausK
Hi stefanha & all,

7. Check that the Send button in the bottom-right corner of the jammr
window is enabled. This button controls whether others can hear you.

=> I guess this information is important for beginners (like me :-), wondering why others cant hear me or dont react to what I play :-))

Maybe please use another label for this button - in the beginning I thought it would be the send-button for the chat-function ;-)

Thank You and hear You in the next jam - r&r
Thomas
stefanha
TLausK
Maybe please use another label for this button - in the beginning I thought it would be the send-button for the chat-function ;-)

Thanks for the feedback, TLausK!
musicman1976
Hi am new to setting this up I thought I had it working but it's not. So I have a audiobox USB that I plug my guitar into but when I open Jammr it's can't find it under Windows WDM-KS so do I need a microphone to get this to work?

Normally I can record music through studio one software and the audiobox USB because it has 2 inputs for mic and guitar.

thanks again,

Clifford
stefanha
Hi musicman1976,
Please check that you plugged the audiobox into the computer before starting jammr.

If the device still doesn't show up in File | Settings, please go to Help | Show log and post the technical information that gets displayed onto the forum so I can check the audio configuration.

I have successfully tested the Presonus AudioBox USB 96 on Windows. If you have that soundcard then we should be able to get it to work.
musicman1976
I don't know if my PC has a sounds card itself or onboard integraded sound. I do hear an audio signal when I play but how do I know if others can hear that signal. Am I supposed to see the audio move up or down when I play with jammr?

Thanks,

Clifford
stefanha
Hi Clifford,
There is a step-by-step audio setup guide here:
https://forum.jammr.net/topic/1987/

In short, connecting headphones is recommended. If you can hear others playing or can hear the metronome them audio output is working. You'll hear yourself through the headphones while in a jam session (make sure to enable the “Play back my audio” setting) and this is how you know audio input is working.
musicman1976
Hi ok sounds good I will try that. So if I hear me and I hear others and I hear metronome then it sounds like it is working eventhough the audiobox does not show up in the inputs?

Thanks,

Clifford
stefanha
Yes.

If it does not work please go to Help | Show log and post the technical information that is displayed. The information will allow me to check the audio configuration and recommend settings.

When you say “audiobox” do you mean a Presonus Audiobox soundcard or something else? Please let me know the manufacturer and model of the device.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.