jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 May 10, 2020 20:37:07

gc
Profile   Send e-mail  

ASIO support

Hello,

I see that PortAudio handle ASIO, why jammr isn't build with it ?

I see two advantage for using ASIO :

My audio device is capable of less than 5ms latency in ASIO, but is a lot slower with other audio API.
With ASIO 4 All I can select an input device different from the output device.

#2 May 10, 2020 20:52:47

gc
Profile   Send e-mail  

ASIO support

I see in other part of the forum that ASIO support isn't include because it is not ok with GPL.

I have a better idea wich can solve many problem i found : provide vst plugin version of jammr. In that way you let the DAW handle the audio driver part and you have all the DAW power to add your effect, multi instrument and so on

#3 May 11, 2020 04:59:02

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

ASIO support

Hi gc,
ASIO4ALL is a WDM-KS to ASIO adapter and just uses WDM-KS itself. Therefore it cannot do better than WDM-KS.

jammr should be able to achieve the same latency as ASIO4ALL because they both use WDM-KS. However, it is possible that jammr's WDM-KS support has an issue with your sound card that prevents it from achieving optimal latency.

Can you feel latency when using WDM-KS with jammr compared with ASIO4ALL?

If not, then don't worry about the numbers (there are several reasons why they might not correspond to the actual latency).

If yes, then please connect to a jam session and copy-paste the technical information that is displayed when you go to Help | Show log so I can take a look at the audio configuration details.

Thanks!

#4 May 11, 2020 05:04:38

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

ASIO support

With ASIO 4 All I can select an input device different from the output device.

You can select different input and output devices in jammr. They must have a sample rate in common.

If you are unable to select the devices you want, please copy-paste the output of Help | Show log and post it here so I can take a look at the audio configuration.

Thanks!

Board footer

Moderator control