Search - User list
Full Version: Too much delay between musicians
Root » Technical support » Too much delay between musicians
mabacci2
I follow the tutorial for setting up the jam session but still can't get sync with other musicians of my band.
For Example, i play a chord progression where the singer must start singing at the second musical time (compas), i'm already playing the 4th musical time (compas) and i start hearing the singer singing the phrases of the second musical time.

What am i doing wrong?
Sorry if i wrote something wrong, my native language is spanish.

Thank you very much in advance.
Maxi
stefanha
Hi Maxi,
jammr is designed for improvising to a chord progression. It syncs to the repeating chord progression and is not suitable for performing full songs from start to finish if the structure varies (verse/chorus, key changes, etc).

If the chord progression is G C D G and the time signature is 4/4 (like a lot of music), then the chord progression is 4 bars x 4 beats = 16 beats long. If you set the BPI setting to 16 then you will be able to play in sync.

You hear what other people played last time around the chord progression. They hear what you played last time around the chord progression.

Keeping this in mind, in the G C D G chord progress that is 16 beats long, if the singer starts signing in the 2nd bar (the C chord), then you will hear it like this:
1st time around the chord progression: you play G C D G and don't hear the singer
2nd time around the chord progression: you play G C D G and still don't hear the singer yet
3rd time around the chord progression: you play G C D G and now you hear the singer coming in at the right time
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.