Search - User list
Full Version: noise reduction incorporated
Root » Technical support » noise reduction incorporated
adi
For jamming I use mainly my midi controller and I do not have noise form my microphone because it is automatically cut by the app but I still want to connect at the server as simple as possible using the laptop soundcard with a common microphone (just to jam with low cost tools).

With WDM-KS the noise is bigger, with ASIO4All v2 is lower but in other application like Skype there is a noise cancelation button and the noise disappear. While in my computer settings (running win 10) I cannot find such a button is it possible to have a noise cancelacion button for the microphone in jammr app?
stefanha
Hi adi,
Can you post a recording of the noise or describe it? There are a few different types of noise and they can be addressed with different solutions.
adi
stefanha
Can you post a recording of the noise or describe it?
Thanks for your feedback! I know all musicians here have great toos with perfect sound settings during jams but sone ordinary computer users prefer to join with a simple headset as for zoom or skype… so I made a test with a 5 Euro computer microphone…

Test 1: ASIO4ALL
Test 2: WDM-KS
Test 3: Skype

As most regular users here I think that jammr is a great app. I learned a lot of music form the community and about using computers for recording music. And why not I love that this music is legal for sharing and mixing due to the special license.
stefanha
Hi adi,
The first noise type sounds like in the audio clip sounds like electrical or physical noise. It's not an echo or feedback. A noise gate can reduce the problem by automatically silencing the input signal while you are not playing your instrument. You could try a free VST plugin that has a noise gate or noise reduction.

The second noise in the audio clip sounds digital and is probably a software issue. I suggest avoiding this setting (I think this was WDM-KS?).
adi
stefanha
You could try a free VST plugin that has a noise gate or noise reduction.
Thanks for your advice. I hope to work and use again my microphone for acoustic instruments.

This time I had success WDM-KS driver and an incorporated microphone of an USB camera.

While I searched the internet few hours without result finally I found one free VST 64 here: https://www.gvst.co.uk/ggate.htm?pageview=selectos
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.