Search - User list
Full Version: Midi sampler
Root » Technical support » Midi sampler
jimpicariello
Hello,

I want to be able to play midi sample software right off my laptop, using a midi keyboard as the trigger. How can I do that? I'm on a Windows 7 machine.

Do I need to play the sound out of the headphone jack into a different computer dedicated to running Jammr?

Thanks,

Jim
stefanha
jimpicariello
Hello, I want to be able to play midi sample software right off my laptop, using a midi keyboard as the trigger. How can I do that? I'm on a Windows 7 machine.

You can try loading a sampler VST plugin into jammr. jammr has support for VST plugins, which are a popular way to load effects and virtual instruments into audio software.

For example, I posted a list of free high-quality VST plugins that work with jammr:
http://blog.jammr.net/2013/07/13/5-best-free-vst-plugins/

Go to File | Settings… | Effects plugins. Then click Add and open the directory containing the VST plugin in the Search Path. When you click Scan, jammr looks for VST plugins in the Search Path. Also be sure to enable MIDI in File | Settings… | MIDI so that messages are sent to the VST plugin.

jimpicariello
Do I need to play the sound out of the headphone jack into a different computer dedicated to running Jammr?

That would work too.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.