Search - User list
Full Version: Rocksmith cable
Root » Technical support » Rocksmith cable
TommyS
Hey guys,

I'm new to jammr and I think it's a really great idea! I used to jam a lot with my brother at home, but since I moved to college we don't get to play together much anymore, so I like the idea of being able to play online with him or anybody else for that matter!

I already have the game Rocksmith by ubisoft which comes with a cable to connect my guitar to a computer, but I tried it on jammr and it doesn't seem to work. I've messed around a lot with the sound settings, but whenever I select the guitar as input I get no sound. Is my cable likely the problem or am I missing something else?

Also, my brother has electronic drums, is there any way to connect those to jammr?

Thanks!
TommyS
Nevermind! I went more thoroughly over the tutorial and the problem was solved.
I just had to set my playback system to 16-bit, 44100 Hz, since the Rocksmith cable only runs in 16-bit.
Excited to start jamming!
stefanha
TommyS
Nevermind! I went more thoroughly over the tutorial and the problem was solved. I just had to set my playback system to 16-bit, 44100 Hz, since the Rocksmith cable only runs in 16-bit.Excited to start jamming!

Glad to hear you are set up.

Regarding electronic drums, either attach them directly to the computer if they have a USB sound connection. Otherwise try connecting the line out from the drums into the computer's soundcard.

Stefan
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.