Search - User list
Full Version: My recordings are off-beat
Root » Technical support » My recordings are off-beat
Hans
Hi, when I play along with Jammr it all sounds great, but when I listen to the recorded jams my instruments are one beat behind. I'm on a mac using a Focusrite saffire interface. Is it a latency issue, or am I doing something wrong?
stefanha
Hans
Hi, when I play along with Jammr it all sounds great, but when I listen to the recorded jams my instruments are one beat behind. I'm on a mac using a Focusrite saffire interface. Is it a latency issue, or am I doing something wrong?

Hi Hans,
Don't worry you are playing in time. There is currently a bug in the mixing software that the jammr server uses. The live jam is fine but the tracks in the recording drift out of sync.

However, you can download the individual tracks for the jam session (it's a zip file that contains an ogg file for each user) and then edit it in a DAW or sound editor (like Audacity). That is how we fix the sync problem when we make the weekly jam soundclips.

Soon the mixing code on the server will be replaced with something that stays in sync.

Stefan
Hans
Hi Stefan,

thanks. Keep up the good work.

Hans.
stefanha
This issue has been fixed:
http://forum.jammr.net/topic/405/

Future recordings will be in sync. Existing recordings will stay unchanged.
Hans
It sounds much better now!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.