Search - User list
Full Version: Sharing jams via on line radio
Root » Technical support » Sharing jams via on line radio
adi
I setup a personal free internet radio station at listen2myradio.com in order to stream my music. Can i also broacast the music that I received by email from jammr without copyright infringement?
stefanha
adi
I setup a personal free internet radio station at listen2myradio.com in order to stream my music. Can i also broacast the music that I received by email from jammr without copyright infringement?

Yes, you can share, remix, distribute, etc public jams played on jammr - in fact it's encouraged!

They are under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license. More information is in the Terms & Conditions that all users have agreed to by using jammr:
http://jammr.net/terms.html

Basically, the only restrictions on using recorded public jams are:
1. You must give credit to the musicians
2. Derived works and copies must be licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 license, too.

This way everyone can use, reuse, and share the great jams that are played on jammr.

Users wishing to keep jams restricted can use private jam sessions so the recordings are not publicly available.

Stefan
adi
Thank you for this legal info. In fact I have very few listeners but the internet is so big and nobody knows if it is affected by copyright laws. I will use the user name from the tracks and the site name in the description because I do not know any real name.
stefanha
adi
I will use the user name from the tracks and the site name in the description because I do not know any real name.
That's fine, users do not provide their real name.

Good luck with your radio station .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.