jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 Jan. 24, 2015 11:31:27

adi
Profile   Send e-mail  

Are covers under copyright laws?

The great advantage of jammr tracks is that they are free to share because they contain original music but what happens if I play a song of a famous star, my cover can be under copyright infringement ? As I play music it is hard to recognize the song but on you tube there a a lot of deleted videoclips because of this law. Does anyone know how can I put a cover on net?

I like ukulele, recorder, guitar, drum, piano (absolute beginner)

Edited adi (Jan. 24, 2015 11:32:17)

#2 Jan. 24, 2015 20:37:52

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Are covers under copyright laws?

adi
The great advantage of jammr tracks is that they are free to share because they contain original music but what happens if I play a song of a famous star, my cover can be under copyright infringement ? As I play music it is hard to recognize the song but on you tube there a a lot of deleted videoclips because of this law. Does anyone know how can I put a cover on net?

You need to get legal advice relevant to your exact situation and jurisdiction on what is okay to upload to the internet in general.

There are only 7 notes in the scale and many common chord progressions used time and time again in popular songs. Just improvise and there is no problem.

The jammr Terms & Conditions are clear that all user audio must be Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licensed. Users who do not follow the Terms & Conditions may have their accounts closed.

jammr complies with copyright takedown requests, so if any material is reported to us, it will be checked and removed (if appropriate).

Board footer

Moderator control