Search - User list
Full Version: Are covers under copyright laws?
Root » Discussion » Are covers under copyright laws?
adi
The great advantage of jammr tracks is that they are free to share because they contain original music but what happens if I play a song of a famous star, my cover can be under copyright infringement ? As I play music it is hard to recognize the song but on you tube there a a lot of deleted videoclips because of this law. Does anyone know how can I put a cover on net?
stefanha
adi
The great advantage of jammr tracks is that they are free to share because they contain original music but what happens if I play a song of a famous star, my cover can be under copyright infringement ? As I play music it is hard to recognize the song but on you tube there a a lot of deleted videoclips because of this law. Does anyone know how can I put a cover on net?

You need to get legal advice relevant to your exact situation and jurisdiction on what is okay to upload to the internet in general.

There are only 7 notes in the scale and many common chord progressions used time and time again in popular songs. Just improvise and there is no problem.

The jammr Terms & Conditions are clear that all user audio must be Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 licensed. Users who do not follow the Terms & Conditions may have their accounts closed.

jammr complies with copyright takedown requests, so if any material is reported to us, it will be checked and removed (if appropriate).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.