Search - User list
Full Version: Silent 7 Euro DIY Uke
Root » Discussion » Silent 7 Euro DIY Uke
1 2
adi
I made myself a silent uke. For others it is hard to stand my practice and I tried to reduce stress around me when play the boring scales. The sound is good enough for its size. With a transducer it can be heard plugged in an amp or portable amp if available. The uke is also good for travel, it is 10 cm shorter than standard soprano ukulele (it is 43 cm long and fits well in backpacker). I put the tuning keys in the body. It is fretless because I wanted to keep it as simple as possible (good for thick fingers too) and to avoid wrong positions of frets which give false picks (as does many ukuleles in the shop). It is very cheap too, 5 euro the guitar tuning keys and 2 euro nylon strings. I found an abandoned wood stick and I have the drill in the house too (so I didn't spend any more money). It took about 2 hours to mount the keys. I was inspired by an ukulele from youtube. If anybody have a DIY instrument please post it. I would like to make a new bass electric ukulele. Travel guitars are extremely expensive on internet, for me it is better to cut the price.
stefanha
Congratulations on building your travel ukulele!
strat123
Did you already play it in our jam sessions? I would like to hear it!
Calran
Woah man, it looks great!
Input
Wow that is very impressive, i wish i could do that
Awesome work i want to hear the sound of this!
Keep rocking my friend.
Hans
Nice job adi!
adi
Thank you all for your nice words! Perhaps travel instruments from great brands sound very well but with such a toy I can enjoy playing from time to time when I am out! I tried micing an amp for the record, the sound is not perfect, just let you know how it is. Chords are often out of tune because the ukulele is fretless, but with scales is better! The real sound is the silence (transducer and amp are secondary)!!!
Calran
Wow! Man, sounds great!!!
strat123
Hey Adi, I have to admit, that I didn't expect such a nice fretless ukulele sound, thats something special. Really good job Adi!
just4fun
Deleted
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.