Search - User list
Full Version: Music challenge: "30 seconds of Summer"
Root » Discussion » Music challenge: "30 seconds of Summer"
1 2
stefanha
There are a lot of talented musicians in the jammr community and we create some really cool music. I hope you will join in this fun challenge:

Record a 30 second clip with a “Summer” theme
Deadline: August 31st 2015

* Any number of tracks/instruments. Vocals welcome.
* You can use drum loops.
* You can include musicians who aren't on jammr (for example, your bandmates). Give them credit.

Show the community your music-making skills! Play a cool solo or create a great summer groove.

Post a link to your 30-second audio track. Try SoundCloud or YouTube if you need somewhere to upload your audio.

When you post your link, tell us a little bit about your inspiration for the track and what instruments/software you used to create it.
stefanha
Let's get this show on the road! I recorded my clip today with a guitar and bass. The drums are sampler that is triggered by MIDI. See the video for details on the gear.

Here is my entry, some “chilled 80s summer sounds”:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZ1Bxb8K-eA

Enjoy! Looking forward to hearing your clips.
talertim
Nice!

I join with my 30 sec

Drums come from Keyboard. Recorded with Cubase, Mixed down with Audacity.

Hope to hear some more summer specials.

stefanha
talertim
I join with my 30 minDrums come from Keyboard. Recorded with Cubase, Mixed down with Audacity.

Cool, thanks for sharing!

I hear 3 guitars. Do you use the same recording setup that you use for playing on jammr?
talertim
Hi Stefan,

thanks for comment

Yes, this is also my setup for jammr, as known I'm on saving money for a better effect type than the line 6 floor POD, probably a device from BOSS.

Anyway I used only 2 guitars (chords, melody) - I recorded the chords and drum with looper and overlayed the melody or better said strumming ^^.

Hear you
Tim

stefanha
talertim
Yes, this is also my setup for jammr, as known I'm on saving money for a better effect type than the line 6 floor POD, probably a device from BOSS.

The Zoom MultiStomp pedals seem to be pretty well-received for budget gear. Here is the MS-100BT with 8 amps and 92 effects, up to 6 effects at once and in any order.

The Amplifire pedal seems to be the current favorite in the 500-1000 EUR range when it comes to great amp tone. I think they are now starting to ship to Europe.

I haven't tried either of these since I've been happily using software amp modelling since July 2014. S-Gear from Scuffham Amps has the best amp sounds I've ever had and is only $129.

talertim
Anyway I used only 2 guitars (chords, melody) - I recorded the chords and drum with looper and overlayed the melody or better said strumming ^^.

Cool, thanks for sharing!
Calran
Very cool entries guys! I loved how your track was progressively taking off Stef! and Tim, very cool melodies!
Calran
Here's my entry! https://soundcloud.com/christian-de-leon-casillas hope you like it!

talertim
Hi Calran,

very nice.

@Stefan - thx for suggestion. I tried S-Gear already, and agree nice sounds.

Greets Tim
stefanha
Very nice, Calran!

Great summery bossa nova feeling in the beginning. I like what you did at the end!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.