Search - User list
Full Version: Something need to be done about the Jammr Noise Trolls
Root » Discussion » Something need to be done about the Jammr Noise Trolls
1 2
stefanha
Hi shredmas,
The mute button is helpful for blocking noisy users for a short period of time.

However, the noisy user will still be included in the recording of the jam (which is captured by the server and doesn't know about your individual mute settings). Therefore it's better to let the noisy user know that they are too loud or have a poor signal.

Stefan
funkey
Some guitar trolls here don´t adapt their volume, they always send highest possible gain. A channel mixer would be nice to individually reduce the level of tracks, where guitar dickheads play 2 chords out of time for hours and don´t interact with other jammers. Some of them have a favour for Karaoke and Play their boring 4 bar backing tracks for hours, because a third chord is too much for their skills? Other guys of this species play like a sewing machine, they improvise for hours on single notes without a break after one minute. I like single notes, when they fit to bass and rhythm. My Impression was, they don´t know what to play or maybe they are bored or in Trance and don´t listen to the others and play something.

Domination is a typical guitarrist´s desease, when they are making their first steps on the way to become a star and have not reached a certain Level of professionality. In this case, guitar-star is the better choice.

A jam can be more than playing “Hey Joe”, “Smoke on the water”, “Hotel California” or similar uninteresting commercial guitar pop stuff. Try to make something new, try to make Music, try to interact and most important - just listen what´s going on. In case you are not sure what´s going on - release the send button or - listen and play nothing.

In the case I´d bother you or disrupted you personal channel to cosmic energy, please forgive me and accept my apologies with grace!

I like jammr, there were really nice jams, which I really enjoyed !

just4fun
Deleted
stefanha
funkey: I understand your frustation. Public jams are a mix of players with various skill levels and tastes. Some players don't take turns soloing or they play in a way that doesn't fit the jam. There is an element of luck to having the right group of players in a public jam.

If it bothers you a lot you could schedule a private jam with the people you are compatible with. That way you can explore your preferred styles of jamming without being interrupted by someone who is unable to contribute.

When I get frustrated I either start a new jam session or take a break from jammr. Like other areas in life, there are some people whose company we enjoy more than others. It will never be possible to eliminate this issue from public jams but I still enjoy participating in them because of the awesome jams that do happen regularly.
Tbryson07
Sometimes I feel as if I am too loud, I usually will type in chat asking if I am too loud. I usually get the response “No” but when I go back and hear the recording I'm louder than everyone else.

If I have ever been “that guy” I do apologize! Cause I agree completely with HighAction.

There's a lot of times where a few of us are working out a riff but someone is just shredding a solo the entire time. Not saying you should be told what to play but there is definitely etiquette for jamming. I usually have to mute that person and sometimes feel bad, but its just too much to handle at times.
stefanha
Tbryson07: Listening to the recording afterwards is great advice!
adi
Tbryson07
Not saying you should be told what to play but there is definitely etiquette for jamming. I usually have to mute that person and sometimes feel bad, but its just too much to handle at times.
stefanha
Listening to the recording afterwards is great advice!
I usually feel as the guy ruining a jam because of my poor music knowledge but I love listening to others. So listening a recording is great but you can also edit the jam by downloading the zip with individual tracks. you can choose the exact volume level by editing each individual tracks, eliminating the noise or stressing solos, even adding new tracks recorded at home or selecting the parts of the jams that are ok… I love playing along with the jams after, they are legal if you respect the license.
bas_vossen
It would be nice if there was some documentation that users would have to read and sign before getting to download Jammr.
I had no idea what would happen after logging in. Since I didn't have my headphones connected, I made a terrible feedback noise.
Not on purpose!
The app still needs improvements. I do hope more people will discover it, and keep an inclusive attitude.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.