jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 July 2, 2015 13:02:32

David_Boura
Profile   Send e-mail  

Elektro "producer" ala Kraftwerk

Hey all,

I've been told by a friend about Jammr, installed it a few days ago, but there was nobody around.
I'm trying today and same thing. Seeing the activity here on the forum, i see there's life!

So to speak about me, i've started electronik musik in late 90's with an Roland XP80, an expensive and bad choice for my needs, especially at that time when we were pretty much all alone (no internet). 2 years of trying to learn, use the awesome machine, make techno shit… then sold it. In 2008, after discovering and listening to Anthony Rother's incredible “This is Electro” piece of Art, seeing his Studio i started to initiate myself again on synths/electronic music with Ableton Live. Identifying synth after synth (big thanks to Retrosound), learning the synthesis and sound mastering basics, listen to all my forever favourite musics with a completely new ear, finally i started to mess with my Daw for my first “tracks”. After a certain time, i decided to create my Youtube/Soundcloud to post them, in the goal and hope of constructive feedbacks.
You know how much they're rare unfortunately, but sometimes someone gives you a direction in a certain field, or a precise advice, and you make a huge step in your progression curve in one day.
Suprisingly for me, i received a lot of thumbs, even for tracks done just for fun in 10 minutes, ahahha nonsense
Those tracks are “just” my debut ones, done by feeling and ear, in a lot of different genres: industrial, techno, acid, ambient, synth, experimental. Why? Because i felt in those at 12 years old, and since that listen to music like i breath.
For each of them, i was feeling mostly frustrated, because i want to find my own “style”. You understand if like me you were into Front 242, Kraftwerk, Depeche Mode and so on. Also because there's one thing i can't seem to solve : arrangements/longer compositions. When i don't know what to add, i stop, that's why most of my tracks are short. But some are “really good” or have a great potential (others feedbacks)

Soooo…

A few months ago i had the Eureka: Elektro is and will be it, solved.
I did 2 covers of Commuter and Alex Stark (still wip).
I'm beginning to work on serious tracks, for my first ever release on a label.
No to say, i can't believe this is happening to me

Well, i never did such a long presentation, not sure i should have made it short instead.

Oh, i hope i can at less try Jammr with someone, and at best make a real collab'

Sincerely,

https://soundcloud.com/davidboura

#2 July 2, 2015 19:04:39

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

David_Boura
Hey all, I've been told by a friend about Jammr, installed it a few days ago, but there was nobody around. I'm trying today and same thing. Seeing the activity here on the forum, i see there's life!

Welcome David! Try around 19:00 UTC most days there are people online. On Friday & Saturday the official weekly jam sessions take place at that time so you'll definitely be able to find people.

By the way, you can use VST plugins with jammr or you can use audio routing software to connect stand-alone apps like DAWs to jammr. Recently there was a discussion about audio routing software on Windows. On Mac JACK is recommended.

#3 July 2, 2015 19:11:41

David_Boura
Profile   Send e-mail  

Thank you, finally i found 2 people, but could not send anything but my microphone.
I'll try Voicemeter (as given in your link here), because my attempts with VAC were a no-no

Board footer

Moderator control