jammr Forum

Home of the jammr Community

• You are not logged in.

#1 May 8, 2021 07:20:55

KennyS
Profile   Send e-mail  

Audio setup guide

Hi there,
I'm new here. I can't seem to get rid of the cracking/popping noise that comes at the end of each note that I play – either with my guitar or keyboard. I've tried both audio system options for Windows. I also played around with my audio interface, Scarlett 4i4, buffer size - nothing worked. Sometimes, I had a clean sound no noise whatsoever, without even trying, but only for a few minutes. My friend who is on the other end experienced the same issue. The noise is very bad that we can't play.

Any idea what I've or have not done correctly?

Thanks in advance.

#2 May 9, 2021 12:37:39

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Audio setup guide

Hi KennyS,
The Focusrite Scarlett USB interfaces require an ASIO audio driver for low latency recording.

Here is a guide to enabling the ASIO driver, it will fix the issue:
https://forum.jammr.net/topic/2085/

Please let me know if you have any questions. Happy jamming!

#3 Nov. 16, 2023 01:28:57

DanMusicMan
Profile   Send e-mail  

Audio setup guide

Jammr is not listing my audio input/output device, which is a presonus audiobox. It recognizes the device in the MIDI selection, but it's not in the list to be selected in Audio.

#4 Nov. 19, 2023 12:06:48

stefanha
Profile   Send e-mail  

Audio setup guide

DanMusicMan
Jammr is not listing my audio input/output device, which is a presonus audiobox. It recognizes the device in the MIDI selection, but it's not in the list to be selected in Audio.

Hi Dan,
Please make sure that the device is plugged in a few seconds before starting jammr.

If the device still doesn't appear in jammr's preferences, please go to Help | Show log and copy-paste the technical information into a reply here on the forum so I can help diagnose the issue. Thanks!

Board footer

Moderator control