Search - User list
Full Version: Asio4All support
Root » Technical support » Asio4All support
1 2
Man
As an input I usually use Asio4All to record my guitar (which is not a native driver), but in jammr I can't find Asio option in audio settings. I tried different inputs, but I just can't hear my guitar.
stefanha
Man
As an input I usually use Asio4All to record my guitar (which is not a native driver), but in jammr I can't find Asio option in audio settings. I tried different inputs, but I just can't hear my guitar.

Please make sure that “Play back my audio” is selected in the sound settings (in File | Settings…).

To hear something you need to connect to a jam session. Try File | Connect… and then select one of the jam sessions.

If you have trouble setting things up, please copy & paste the information from Help | Show log. It contains details on your sound devices and troubleshooting information.

Stefan
scubaman66
Hi Stefan

I have pretty much the same problem. I connect to my computer via asio using an IK Multimedia Stealthplug but when I attempt to setup the audio in Jammr ASIO doesn't appear as an option in the audio system dropdown and consequently nothing shows in the device dropdown.

stefanha
scubaman66
I connect to my computer via asio using an IK Multimedia Stealthplug but when I attempt to setup the audio in Jammr ASIO doesn't appear as an option in the audio system dropdown and consequently nothing shows in the device dropdown.

jammr does not support ASIO and probably will not be able to for the foreseeable future.

If IK Multimedia only provides ASIO drivers for the Stealthplug then you cannot use it directly with jammr.

Perhaps this utility will allow you to use the Stealthplug as a WDM KS device:
http://www.kvraudio.com/product/wdm-asio-link-driver-by-john-shield

Stefan
scubaman66
Hi Stefan

Many thanks for your prompt response.

Unfortunately, without ASIO support Jammr is pretty much a no go for me.

Regards

Ian
stefanha
scubaman66
Many thanks for your prompt response.Unfortunately, without ASIO support Jammr is pretty much a no go for me.

Sorry to hear that.

The reason that we cannot support ASIO is because Steinberg's ASIO license is incompatible with the GPL v2 or Later open source license that the jammr client comes under. A lot of other open source software is affected too.

You can read more about it here:
http://forum.jammr.net/topic/13/?page=1#post-17

Stefan
vaso
Hello,

I am a new user of jammr and I have a problem audio aswell.

I can't hear the others playing when they can actually hear me.
Do you happen to know how I can fix this?
stefanha
vaso
Hello, I am a new user of jammr and I have a problem audio aswell. I can't hear the others playing when they can actually hear me.Do you happen to know how I can fix this?

Hi vaso,
Please join a jam session and go to Help | Show log. You should see technical information. Please copy-paste it here.

Thanks,
Stefan
adi
unofficial opinion: in jammr app menu file/settings/audio choose from drop down list the appropriate sound card audio out if you have several devices and from audio settings of the computer activate the volume.
Forte
Man

Just as a thought, have you made sure the frequency of input device matches the frequency of your guitar input? Or that the frequency of both inputs matches the frequency of your audio output? I have built my own home studio and I run into this problem all the time when routing from different hardware inputs to software outputs. Even if your settings in Jammr are set correctly make sure your settings in your operating system are set this way too.

Also if you are using ASIO4ALL drivers you can still use it in Jammr (Unless there is some licensing problem I don't know about. ASIO4ALL is a universal driver and many competing commercial applications support and use this driver) The method can be rather complicated depending on your setup. If you use ASIO4ALL and have a hardware mixer or amp or something you can run through, output your ASIO sound to the hardware then route it back into your computer in a mic plug or some other input. If you do not have hardware, you can create a virtual audio interface to accept the incoming ASIO sound and route it internally in your computer to your audio input. There are many different ways to do the virtual audio input, personally I use my DAW to do it, but I have done it through freeware drivers, and I have seen other people use other setups.

Feel free to message me or email me, if you would like more specific instructions.

Good Luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.