Search - User list
Full Version: Add Asio-Support
Root » Wishlist and suggestions » Add Asio-Support
vatbub
Hi there,
I don't know how much of an effort it is but I'd reaaly like if ASIO-Drivers were supported by jammr.
Greetings,
Vatbub
stefanha
Unfortunately ASIO's license is not compatible with the jammr client's open source GPL license. Many open source projects are affected. For example, here is Audacity's explanation.

This means ASIO versions of jammr are not expected unless Steinberg change their license.

The trend has been for soundcards to come with WDMKS drivers, which are supported by jammr and provide low-latency. ASIO is becoming less relevant since WDMKS is part of Windows and eliminates the need for ASIO. Are you sure you need ASIO and don't have WDMKS drivers for your soundcard?
vatbub
My soundcard does have other drivers but ASIO would be a nice to have since my soundcard's driver lacks some features under Windows 10.
ilkin76
would having a usb audio interface with its own driver work?
stefanha
ilkin76: Usually third-party drivers on Windows will work using “WDM-KS” or “WASAPI” audio system settings in jammr.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.